Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 13 of Insanity 60 day challenge by rollinolin333 at Garmin Connect - Details

Day 13 of Insanity 60 day challenge by rollinolin333 at Garmin Connect - Details

Well I figured out how to use my Garmin!  I have a really high heart rate though.  I am not sure if I am supposed to keep my heart rate just below my max heart rate or around 80% of max heart rate.  Does anyone know?  Is anyone reading this?  

Today's workout was back to back Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs.  It felt really good to pound through more sets than I was able to do last time I worked out.  Its getting easier to have proper form and keep up with the video.  All in all it was a good workout.

I went to Orting on Saturday to ride bikes with the kids.  The 6th leg of Rainier to Ruston goes along a great paved trail along the Carbon river.  The kids and I biked a little over 6 miles and stopped along the way to throw rocks into the river.  It was nice spending time with them, my version of Fathers day, just me and the kids.  My 4 year old boy had his first crash on his bike that still has training wheels.  He likes to watch his front tire when he is speeding along and forgets about everything else around him, his tongue is zipping around his lips when I yelled at him to watch where he was going due to him getting close to the edge of the trail.  He looked up and noticed he needed to make a hard left to stay on the trail and when he turned his handle bars his bike tipped over.  It took me a good minute to calm him down and to show him he didn't have any cuts or scrapes.  He then got back on and started racing me again.  His sister, just off the training wheels, could't wait to get to the bike park so she could ride over the bumps.  It was a good day!  

The only bad part of the day was having to tell the team captain of "My van or Yours" that I had to back out of the race.  I had to back out of the Ragnar Relay due to family priorities.  I really hope Tiffany was nice and didn't get upset.  I was looking forward to making some new healthy friends and keeping myself motivated.  I hope she finds another runner before the race.  Thanks for the offer to join your team I appreciated it.  I still feel like crap for having to back out though.  

Happy Fathers day to all you fathers out there..

Keep on Keepin on!

No comments:

Post a Comment