Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 9 & 10 of Insanity workout

Day 9 & 10 of Insanity Workout


Yesterday was day 9 of my new weight loss program.  It was another round of Pure Cardio, a 38 minute intense cardio workout.  The hardest thing for me was the switch kicks.  You are supposed to jump back and forth from one leg to another while kicking one in the air.  I couldn't do the jump part so settled with just kicking my legs up in the air.  I am getting to where I can go further every time I do the exercise again.  I almost think I should be running too.  Its just hard to get home and try to workout for 45 minutes to an hour and then run.  I still have to have dinner and it sucks trying to do cardio after dinner.  There just doesn't seem to be much time to do both.  I am trying hard to keep up and push through the workout to maximize my effort.  My son is having issues with the muscles in his feet, they are sore from all the new movements he is doing .  He is pushing through the pain though, and maybe holding back a bit at the same time.

Day 10, today, was the Plyometric Cardio Circuit again.  40 minutes of a really long warm up and then some insane core building, puddle making workout.  This workout has some Burpie type exercises along with some push ups.  The push ups are feeling strong and i'm getting more done than before.  There are some different types of jumping jacks and squats.  The jumping jacks are making my shoulders hurt, burn actually. Yesterday we did an exercise that has you in a push up position with your but high in the air (inverted v position) while doing push ups.  So your push ups are working out your shoulders.  Man I could really feel it today.


Like I said, I really think I have enough energy to do more exercise than the 45 minutes that Insanity is providing.  Does anyone else feel the same way?  If so what do you do?

Also my shoes slide on my wood laminate floor, does anyone have a good cross fit type of shoe that is recommended?



Thanks

Keep on Keepin on!


No comments:

Post a Comment