Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 3 of Insanity Workout



Day 3 of Insanity Workout





I just got through my 3rd day of the Insanity workout.  I am tired and a little sore from the stress it is putting on my shins and ankles.  The third day is Cardio Power and resistance.  I used an old pair of NIKES for this workout which felt a lot better on my feet than my running shoes.  My feet stayed on top of the soles instead of rolling off of them.  My 15yo son was making all kinds of noises…. I thought he was having a baby for a second!  He actually corrected me on one of the exercises by telling me I had to go all the way down to the floor.   It’s nice to be able to get him motivated and care about his health.  He wants the 300 abs like I do by August!
Working out in the living room is pretty hard though, it doesn’t have a tall ceiling and it’s hard to move around on some of the exercises.  I find myself stopping my movements for no apparent reason other than the small space.  If you like to sweat this is the workout for you, your heart races and your breathing is fast.  The video we watch to do the cardio has breaks where you’re supposed to stretch out before and after the workout.  I, for one, cannot stretch very well.  The video goes so fast, it seems that when you finally get situated to where you can feel a good stretch they are moving on to the other side.  It would be great to have a personal stretching coach!  Do they even have those?
All day at work I was still ecstatic about the relay last weekend.  It gave me such a great surge of energy.  I can’t wait to do something like that again.  I looked on line for some upcoming events but haven’t found any yet.  If anyone knows of a good source to feed my new habit let me know.  I actually saw someone driving today that had the R2R medal hanging from their rear view mirror and I was Like “I WAS THERE MAN!!”  Now I want more ;-)
Keep on Keepin on!

No comments:

Post a Comment